Thursday, April 12, 2012

what does hashimoto's disease feel like?

hi, I'm Timber and I have Hashimoto's disease. Nice to meet cha'!

so what does having Hashimoto's disease feel like?

well for me it feels like this
::stomach problems
::food allergies
::gluten intolerance
::allergies to things like laundry detergent and certain makeup
::joint pain in hands, wrists, and feet
::mystery pain under ribs on right side, goes away with clean grain free eating
::fatigue, sometimes I am tired and hurt from just walking up our stairs at home
::shortness of breathe
::brain fog
::loose words mid sentence
::can't remember my own kid's names or birthdays sometimes when asked
::mental confusion
::loss of concentration
::mood swings
::irritability
::anxiety
::panic attacks
::agoraphobia
::heart palpitations
::premature hearbeats
::tachycardia (SVT)
::chest pain
::itching everywhere
::feeling like I got hit by a truck when I eat the wrong thing
::muscle tightness especially behind ears and in neck and back of head, sometimes it burns
::painful burning eyes
::sensitive to light
::sensitive to other people being hyper or too loud when I feel bad
::pleurisy
::cold and low body temperature
::hot flashes
::peeling fingernails (this is a new one)
::a rare form of eczema on palms of hands and soles of feet
::multiple periods in one cycle, sometimes up to 3
::little "flu's" that are auto-immune related

it's really not fun or something that I'd wish on anyone.

but I'm remaining thankful for a diagnosis, as I've been living with these symptoms for a very long time with no real answers... since I was in my teens.

I don't have all of the above symptoms at once!  Some of these symptoms became a lot better when I went grain and processed food free.  When I eat processed gluten free foods and grains like quinoa, I get a return of some symptoms.

1 comment:

  1. There are new treatment options for Hashimoto’s that are very effective. Most of your immune system is located in the gut. If you have imbalances it can result in autoimmune disease including Hashimoto’s.

    I write about it on the thyroid blog

    http://outsmartdisease.com

    You are welcome to visit!

    ReplyDelete